Saturday, October 16, 2010

Transitions

We have been sooo busy this summer. We put our house on the market in February as we built our new one. Finally, we sold it in August and moved less than a month later when I was 8 months pregnant. ( I guess it could have been worse). The week we were going to close on our house our car broke down beyond repair which also forced us to buy a new (to us) car. Wow, do we feel broke! Since we moved, Kaleb started a new day care which he seems to be enjoying, although at first he refused to take naps. But that didn't last too long when I told him he wouldn't be able to watch T.V. if he didn't take a nap. He also started sleeping in a big boy bed at home which has been a smoother transition than I ever thought was possible. He actually is sleeping better in the new bed. This is b/c in his crib he slept the width of the bed, not the length and would get his feet and legs stuck in the slats all the time.

But the biggest transition is yet to come...
This is about 35 weeks...I'm very glad not to have gained 50 pounds this pregnancy like I did for the first. It is due to the fact that I do not have pre-eclampsia this time which is much more comfortable. This pregnancy over all is much easier/ less complicated than the first. Also, I know what to expect which helps, especially when I break out in tears for no reason. I know it won't last forever.
This is the first meal in our new house...pizza on the floor...
Here we are enjoying the nice sunset while eating dinner on the back porch.
So, with all this excitement we had not been able to concentrate on finding a good name for our baby. Of course, like before I went thru every single boys name in my 5,ooo baby name book but we didn't have one "pop" out at us like before. We narrowed it down to 3...Colin, Ethan and Jacob....so finally, we settled on "Chase". Not originally in the Top 3 but it started to grow on us...We are pretty sure his full name will be Chase Tyler Bruns....We've been calling him Chase now and it feels right....We have finally painted his room and picked bedding. I will have to post pics of his nursery soon.

No comments: