Sunday, February 13, 2011

Snow, Snow and more Snow...but not really

The first "snow" of the year Jason and Kaleb got a little overzealous and decided to go out sledding before there was much snow even on the ground.My favorite way to burn off the baby weight...
It amazes me that in Tennessee the weatherman has such power. Just a forecast of snow can shut down schools before the first snowflake falls...and if it doesn't snow...oh well, the kids have a day off and the parents have to stay home from work...It seems crazy to me that they can get out of school for a week for an inch of snow...but we're here and were not going anywhere so I guess we need to get used to it!
So, it takes about 20 min for us to get ready and put all of our snow gear on to go out and play. On average we are out for about 7 minutes before Kaleb is ready to go back in. It takes me about 10, so I'm okay with his decisions most of the time...and its a great excuse for hot chocolate and a warm fire.
Here we are enjoying a nice fire on a snow night.


Today it is 54 degrees so it is a nice change. Hopefully there will be more warm days to come!

No comments: