Sunday, December 6, 2009

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY KALEB!

This year we celebrated Kaleb's 2nd birthday with family. I figured it would be the only year I could get away with it, b/c next year he'll know what's going on and want a party with his friends too. He is so obsessed with choo choo trains that I made him this cake with candy freight. I must say I was surprised and proud that it came out looking like an actual train (although up close it looked a bit furry!)He definately liked the way it tasted...he kept sneeking the candy off the top. His big birthday gift was a train set/table....We could not pull him away for a few weeks (which was great for me b/c I got a lot of housework and dinners made) but now he doesn't play with it as much but at least 2-3x/day.
Nylah had to help him open his gifts b/c he was too into his milk.
This is our attempt to teach Kaleb and Nylah to share. This way they could both ride the bike. For a while I actually thought Kaleb was catching on to the sharing concept, but recently he's been coming up to us and saying "share mommy" and grabbing whatever he wants out of my hands. I guess it will take a little longer.
Kaleb's really started to copy what we say. The other day Jason was dressing him and he put a plain white T-shirt on him and Kaleb looked at it and rubbed his hands down it and said "How cute!" I guess I say that when I'm dressing him...I've never noticed...