Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sea World

On Monday of our vacation we went to Sea World with my Uncle Pat and 2nd Cousin. We ended up buying a season pass b/c it was the exact same price as a day pass. Ridiculous, huh. So we went back on Thursday for a 1/2 a day just to feel like we got our money's worth.Sea World/Busch Gardens now have a Sesame Street section in all their theme parks where they had rides and shows that were perfect for Kaleb's age.
Kaleb had a lot of "firsts" this week. He got to feed the dolphins smelly slimy fish and pet the dolphins. (It was a first for me too, and pretty cool I must admit.)
They had this HUGE water area that had probably a 1/2 mile of tunnels to walk thru and since they had different openings one of us had to go thru them with the kids. I thought I was going to blow a disc b/c I had to walk thru with my body bent at a 90 degree angle for a constant 20 minutes. It might not have been as bad if it wasn't 100 degrees that day.
Kaleb rode his first roller coaster, Shamoo! It was in the kiddy section, but it was fun and there were no lines so we got to ride it multiple times.
Now this monster of a ride was Kaleb's second roller coaster. Jason taught him how to stand on his toes to be tall enough to ride. The first day I wouldn't let him b/c I was too scared for him, but the second day I gave in b/c Kaleb and Jason gave me guilt trips for 3 days in between. Kaleb was not scared at all and they went a second time b/c there were no lines. I always knew Kaleb was a daredevil, but I really didn't expect this at age 3.
We had a great time riding rides, seeing shows and exhibits and hanging out with my family.

No comments: