Thursday, June 2, 2011

Safari Park Adventures

I have no words to describe this picture. We went on a safari trip-texas style where we could drive around a trail in our car and feed the various animals. We bought 5 bags of feed in total.The zebras were not shy. They would just stick their whole head in the car.
This is my beautiful Emu friend. The different animals definitely had their own personalities and even amongst the same breeds their were aggressive and friendly ones.
The Emu's and ostriches were definitely peckers. The ostriches were a lot bigger and Jason tried to feed one out of the sun roof and got his hand bitten.
This gazelle-like creature was Kaleb's favorite. He says "They have horns as big as trees!"
After this one got aggressive we rolled the window up and it started pecking at the glass. Do you think insurance would cover an ostrich invasion?
Luckily the bison didn't ramsack the car.
And just to document that Chase was there too...
This was probably my favorite event of the week. It's not every day that you can have zebras eating out of your hands, although I'd take Chase drool over zebra drool any day.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

That 1st zebra picture is the greatest! What a trip. I think I would have probably started sweatin' a time or two - and animal drool - no thank you! I'm with you, I'll take baby drool a hundred times over. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing ;)