Friday, January 14, 2011

"The Little Emperor"

Oh they say you can't get lucky twice. Well that is sure true in our case! Kaleb was the most laid back baby...a perfect "Babywise" baby...anytime he cried I knew exactly why and could remedy the situation quickly and easily....Oh my, not the case with Chase. We are still using the babywise schedule, but he is just picky and stubborn. For instance, if I try to feed him at a certain time he will absolutely refuse, screaming and arms flailing. Then 5 min later will be crying to eat. Ahhh, he thinks he's in charge...and I guess he is...We have to swaddle him to sleep and if his left arm moves up in it he will start screaming and we have to reswaddle him...My thoughts are if you don't want your arm there, don't move it there!But of course, how can you not completely fall in love with this adorable little face!
(Chase at 2 months)
And when he is awake, he is happy.
He loves his swing that makes noise.
But when he's not getting his way...
and Mommy changes him into this shirt...
Oh man, I definately think Chase is more stubborn, picky and demanding BUT Kaleb never had toys being pelted suddenly at his head and someone running around playing Batman when he was trying to go to sleep...so I'm sure there are some environmental factors involved in Chase's drama. We'll see how his personality holds out as he ages. And I can't complain to much...he got all these traits from me! :)

1 comment:

Kelley said...

We have that same swing...and that IS one adorable little face...even when it is screaming :)

My second one wasn't easy either, but you can do it. Just remember who's in charge...he is...and enjoy the ride.

Love ya!