Wednesday, September 16, 2009

HELP!!

Beginning last week, Kaleb has not been taking his naps. We will put him down around noon and he will just talk and sing for 1-2 hours. Then I'll just get him out of frustration. Then he's grumpy for the rest of the day. What would be any easy solution would be to move his nap time up to 2:00pm...but there's a problem. His day care gives all the kids naps at noon, so I think he will get even more off schedule if he takes naps at different times every day...arrhh! Any suggestions?

So, today I left him in his room for 2 hours, checking on him occasionally and pleading with him to go to sleep. Well, when I finally came to get him out, this is what I found....It looked like he cut the grass! He reached out of his crib at the nearby tree and grabbed all the grass at the base and scattered it everywhere! All I could do was laugh.

2 comments:

michelleandwalker said...

Austin naps at 2 at home and 12:30 at school and does okay. School seems to wear him out more.

Leida said...

Hi Amy,

The funny thing is that I had the same problem with Noela three weeks ago. I would put her for a nap around 12:00 p.m, and she would just talk laud and play till about 3:30 p.m. and then she would nap. It's kind of frustrating to think of naptime as a 5-hour process. So, I had to make two compromises in order for her naptime to be back. First, I postponed her naptime by an hour. Now she naps at 1:00 p.m. instead of 12:00 p.m. Also, I wasn't giving her a lot of energetic playtime before. When she plays actively, she wants naptime on her own. So, I had to come up with more energetic activities for her. We run around the house more, we visit the playgrounds more in the morning and so on. Basically, it’s kind of a challenge to find things to wear your child out, but hey it works great for bringing naptime back. And I am all for that… it seemed just too soon to stop her nap time all together. Personally, I need that time to re-coop :))) Good luck and let us know how things go!

Leida