Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The @*#^! fence

So we thought it was time to build a fence to contain our wandering son. Jason's dad came in town to help. It was his 60th birthday so I think he was trying to prove he was still young. They started out w/ the auger to drill holes and immediately hit rock. They had to rent a jack hammer and it took them 8 hours to drill 7 holes and put up the posts! ARRRHH! There's my manly husband!
So after the long day the guys had, Jason and I decided to just drill holes until we hit rock and move on. We ended up drilling 24 holes in 1.5 hours w/ no rock. Glad I wasnt around for the tedious work.


Jason and Kaleb showing their muscles.

Thanks to neighbors and friends, and friends that are neighbors, and after 4 nail guns, the fence is mostly finished. After a few finishing touches i'll post some more pictures (believe me, you won't want to miss them...it's a beautiful fence)



No comments: