Thursday, August 20, 2009

Family Reunion in Idaho

My side of the family (my mothers) trys to get together every few years for a family reunion. We are located all over the country. This time we ended up at my aunt and uncle's home in Idaho Falls, ID. It was all of our first time there. Our first full day there we loaded up everyone and headed up to Yellowstone which was only a couple of hours away. Below is a picture of the guys at our lunch location. You can see where the trees were destroyed by the big fire in the 1980's. Everyone told us we would see tons of wildlife in yellowstone, but we only saw ONE elk...not even blogworthy! Below is a picture of Kaleb and his 3rd cousin and best buddy, Noella. They had a blast playing together. My mom brought them matching monkey shirts. Kaleb still asks to wear his all the time.
We went white water rafting one day. It was so great and relaxing (the grandmothers watched Kaleb and Noella). The day before the guys blew up the rafts to prepare and the kids tested them out by jumping on them like they were a bounce house. They had a blast. The weather there was AWESOME! Even if it was 80-85, there was no humidity and felt perfect! (from left to right: Leida (Noella's mom), my cousin Kathy and me.

Below is my cousin Wes, with his daugther, Noella and Kaleb...let's just say he had his hands full in more ways than one.

Below is my Uncle Mike playing with Kaleb. They had multiple tickle wars. I must say, Kaleb had plenty of attention on the trip. It was nice for Jason and I to have a break too.


More pictures of Yellowstone to follow...




1 comment:

Ginger Press said...

I am so jealous. I wish that we could have been there!