Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mother's and Father's Day recaps

 My Mother's day started with breakfast in bed, a recent tradition that I really love! I just have to eat fast so the my food doesn't disappear by little hands.
 My coolest mother's gift ever is the Superhero woman's T-shirt. I just make sure I have my boys with me when I am wearing it in public.
 Another Bruns' mother's day tradition is strawberry picking. This year it rained on mother's day but we managed to get up there the next weekend.  We picked 10 lbs of strawberries and ate them all in about a week. We thought Chase would have a blast b/c he loves strawberries but he only ate one on the farm.  The first year we went with Kaleb he ate some much he threw up.
 For father's day this year my parents were in town so it was great to celebrate father's day with my very own father! Also, without my mother I would not have been able to pull off breakfast in bed for Jason (I don't know how to make eggs...that is Jason's specialty)
 Dad enjoyed his breakfast at the table.
 Kaleb made Papa a card and enjoyed having him around.
 Jason got an "I've got Ninja Skills" shirt b/c it has been our joke for years that he calls himself a ninja and he is anything but when he is trying to be quiet around the house.  The worse is when he tries to "sneak" into bed when i'm already asleep and he rolls over and pulls ALL the covers off me and turns over about 4 different times trying to get comfortable.
 We went (with my parents) to a hibachi grill that night. The kids love to watch the huge fire and entertaining cook.

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Love all the pics of your family! :)