Saturday, December 25, 2010

BIG BOY, BIG BROTHER

Before Chase was born when people would say Kaleb was a big boy or talked of him being a big brother he would get mad and upset and say, "I'm not big, I'm little. Daddy's big". But lately he has really grown up.

Kaleb has not only become taller, but has become a "real" helper. I had to take this picture of him doing the dishes, so when he's a teenager and claims he doesn't know how, then I can pull out this picture and tell him that he did when he was three.Kaleb "Bono" Bruns helping Dad put speakers in the ceiling.
Below Kaleb shows his nurturing side, being a good big brother.
Telling Chase all the truths of the world. Chase is eager to learn.
Over Thanksgiving Jason took on the daunting feat of potty training Kaleb. The pediatrician told us to start taking him to the potty every 15 min. I thought that there is no way I am going to do this any time soon seeing that I am breast feeding a 4 week old. But he stuck with it and Kaleb is now potty trained. It was amazing that he really did go every 15 min. Just like everything else this transition seemed pretty easy for him. Although, before we started trying he seemed to want nothing to do with it. I think he finally realized that it was more comfortable sitting in thin dry underwear than a thick wet diaper. I've only had to nurse Chase in the bathroom standing up over Kaleb on the toilet a few times. Ha! He still wears a diaper at night, but usually wakes up in the morning dry. Good Job Big Boy Kaleb!

1 comment:

This Is Stupid said...

OH, i had to nurse AND cook dinner at the same time once. So, if you ever need any tips, let me know =)
Hope to see ya'll soon!!